There is a sense of accomplishment that comes with homeownership. Being a property owner makes it possible to create amazing family meals or host special dinner parties. Without question, the kitchen is the heart of the home. In this room, people love to gather, whether to eat, have conversations, or do homework.
However, the kitchen is also the room in the home that can experience plumbing problems. In the case of emergency, 24 hour plumbing in Toronto is the best solution. A common focus is the garbage disposal. Sometimes without meaning to cause problems, family members or friends put things down the kitchen sink that should never go down. Very quickly, you have a huge clog that requires the services of a licensed plumber.
Things that Cause Clogs
To prevent the need for 24 hour plumbing in Toronto, it helps to learn but also educate others about the things that should never be placed in the garbage disposal.
- Pasta and Rice – For many people, these two food items come as a big surprise. With both pasta and rice, once wet the food swells so even small amounts can quickly become large enough to cause a huge clog.
- Grease – The number one thing that people put down the disposal that leads to the need for 24 hour plumbing in Toronto is grease. Even if you run hot water down the sink after dumping grease down the drain, it will eventually solidify.
- Eggshells – An old wives’ tale is that eggshells keep blades of the garbage disposal sharp. In truth, they are one of the top reasons that kitchen sink clogs.
- Animal Bones – Even tiny pieces of chicken bones can lead to disaster. Garbage disposals are simply not made to break bone down. Therefore, when placed in the disposal, shards of bone become jammed.
- Stringy Vegetables – Another no-no for garbage disposals is any type of stringy vegetable. This includes foods like celery, asparagus, potato peels, and lettuce. Again, even a small amount is enough to need 24 hour plumbing in Toronto.
While some clogs can be released using a snake, often professional plumbing services are a must. With this, the drain is cleared and without damage being done to the disposal.